Meet our Counselor!
Follow me on Twitter! @turcotweets
The developmental guidance and counseling program here at Collins is vital to the social, emotional, and academic growth of our students. Collins utilizes our character education & counseling program to help students achieve success in all areas of their life:
- Character Counts at Collins: The program spotlights a Colossal Cobra character trait each month to create a culture of kindness, respect, & personal responsibility. Character building guidance lessons are taught throughout the year to help students understand, care about, and act upon core ethical values.
- Collins Cares: This Collins bully prevention program encourages our students to Be A HERO, one who Helps, Encourages, and Respects Others. The four following rules are emphasized throughout the year: 1.) Never bully others, 2.) Help anyone who is bullied, 3.) Be friendly to students who are left out, and 4.) Report bullying.
- ConroeISD Bully information can be viewed at: http://www.conroeisd.net/bullying/main.asp
- Project Wisdom: Weekly messages that encourage our Cobras to make positive life choices and to strive to be the best they can be every day are shared through KCOL announcements.
- Lunch Bunch Groups: Small group guidance sessions created to promote positive friendships, self-esteem, and social skills are available during students’ lunch/recess times every week. Please contact Mrs. Turco if you would like your student to have the opportunity to attend. Please email email@example.com for a permission form.
- Individual Student Support Services: Support services are available to ensure the success of our students through individual counseling, community connections, response interventions, and consultations. Please contact Mrs. Turco you would like your student to have the opportunity to attend individual counseling sessions.